Extensively used in animal feeds as an antidote for poisoning, absorption of toxins and to control diarrhoea. It is vegetable-based and able to absorb numerous harmful or undesirable substances that may be present in the gastro-intestinal tract. Added side benefit is its ability to help control animal odors.
Extensively used in animal feeds as an antidote for poisoning and to control diarrhea. Among the many pure materials that we sell, charcoal, more scientifically known as activated carbon, is always in demand as an antidote.
Activated charcoal is highly absorptive for many toxins, including mercuric chloride, alkaloids including strychnine, barbiturates, etc. Although it does not detoxify them, activated charcoal will effectively prevent absorption of toxins if properly used. It can be effectively combined with emetic and gastric lavage techniques.
How to make it?
Make a slurry of the activated carbon with water, roughly 1 gram of powder to 5 – 10ml water. Dose at 2 to 8 grams per kilogram body weight. Administer by stomach tube using either a funnel or large syringe. Newer methods suggest the administration of activated carbon 3-4 times a day for 2 – 3 days after occurrence of poisoning.
Kyron Vitamin K1 is used as an supplement aid in treating rodemticide (rat poison) poisoning.
Vitamin K1 is also known as phytonadione. It is also used in the treatment of warfarin overdose or toxicity. Warfarin is a medication used to help prevent blood clots and is considered an anticoagulant. If too much warfarin is ingested, your pet can be susceptible to bleeding easier, and your pet may have a detrimental loss of blood. Vitamin K reverses the effects of warfarin and make the blood clot easier. If given by mouth, vitamin may not have a full effect until 6 to 12 hours later.
It make take several weeks for the warfarin to be eliminated from the body. It is important to continue vitamin K treatment until your veterinarian tells you otherwise. Administration with foods high in fat content is important for absorption.
Vitamin K1 is well-tolerated and relatively non-toxic. Adverse reactions are commonly seen with using IV administration. Administration into the muscle may cause slight bleeding from the injection site.
If you miss giving your pet a dose, give it to him as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue on your normal schedule.