Advantage Flea & Tick Treatment for Cats Over 1kg – 4kg and Rabbits
Advantage is a monthly topical flea adulticide treatment suitable for cats and rabbits. This product contains the active ingredient Imidacloprid 10%m/v. Advantage will kill all fleas present on your pet within 24hours of treatment and will continue to protect your cat from re-infestation for four weeks after treatment and one week for your rabbit. Fleas are killed before they are able to lay eggs and larval flea stages are killed in the surrounding environment of treated pets.
One pipette will cover one cat or rabbit under 4 kg’s. This product may be used on kittens from 8 weeks of age and rabbits from 10 weeks of age.
- Remove the cap off the pipette. Turn the cap around and use the end as a “key” to open the pipette, twist the cap to break the seal
- Part the hair on the back of the neck, at the base of the skull, until the skin is visible.
- Place the pipette on the exposed skin and squeeze until all the contents have been emptied onto your pets skin.
In severe flea infestations two treatments 2-3 weeks apart are recommended.
Your pet will need to be dry for 3 days before administering this product and 3 days after to ensure proper distribution over your pets skin.
- Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age or on rabbits under 10 weeks of age.
- Do not allow recently treated pets to groom each other until application site has dried. If they have groomed each other then salivation may occur as a result.
- Dispose of used pipettes safely.
- The solvent in Advantage may stain certain materials such as plastic, leather, fabrics and finished surfaces. Make sure application site has dried before allowing treated animals to make contact with these materials.